Rendezvous with the France Meeting and Convention Board for your business events!
France’s destinations and meetings professionals are actively involved in a sustainable approach.The French tourism and events sector is committed to sustainable tourism, assisting event planners with:
- Minimising the impact on the environment: proximity of the venues, environmental certification of the site; alternative means of transport; eco-friendly product design (goodies, prints, etc.); use of recycled and recyclable material for signage and decoration; use of local, organic and seasonal produce for meals; waste management; GHG assessment for each event...
- Facilitating Social Connections: local partners; socially responsible partners; CSR approaches; professionals sub-contracting to or supporting the integration of ESAT*; venue’s ease of access; raising awareness on the event’s sustainable approach...
Destinations Committed to Sustainable Tourism
- Nantes: Designated European Green Capital in 2013
- Paris: As part of its CSR policy, the group VIPARIS just has become ISO 20121 certified across all its ten sites and activities. It is the first worldwide player within the events sector to obtain this rigorous certification across such a wide area.
- Cannes: The Palais des Festivals et des Congrès is the first convention centre to receive triple certification —quality, health and safety and environmental.
- Aube en Champagne: The Comité Départemental du Tourisme de l'Aube is the first departmental tourism committee, the first convention bureau and the world’s first event organiser to receive ISO 20121 certification for the responsible management of their events.
The Etablissement ou services d’aide par le travail (ESAT) is a French initiative to facilitate the integration of people with disabilities into the mainstream labour market. The initiative covers all people with disabilities and is unique in France.